Monday, October 1, 2007

I thought I should get some more pictures up here so that you didn't all think we were in the pits of despair. Actually, we are doing well. It is through trials that we are made stronger and we realize how great the Lord really is. So we are just praising Him for being so good to us.

Our kids LOVE public transportation. Here we are on the train going into the Centro.

Not everything is this colorful but it's definitely different than our white houses in the States. There is actually every color of the rainbow on this block!

This is the most touristy we've felt, taking a picture of a guy at work in front of the bank. These guys are everywhere! In front of stores, banks, some parks. I don't know if I should feel safer or not!

Other fun news: Cole and Lydia run into Kinder now and love it. I've got an addiction to Chilaquiles (which is a spicy breakfast food). Steve gets to go to a Chivas game tomorrow night with some students (a futbol game). And my mom (and possible my dad if we can talk him into it) is coming in just over a week!! If you know anything about my family, we just can't stay away from each other.

Steve has also been working hard on his ordination classes. And I'm reading an amazing book that is rocking my world and walk with the Lord. It's A.W. Tozer's The Pursuit of God. I read it ten years ago and just picked it up again. I'm soaking up every bit of it. It's like he's reading my heart. Everything he says is exactly what's going on with me and I love it. It is also a very hard book to read because I don't want to continue on until I "get it" or have a breakthrough. But I was stuck at chapter 3 for so long that I decided to just keep reading and I'll read through it a few times!

4 comments:

The Ericksons said...

I can't tell you what it does for our hearts to hear such awesome things!! Praise the Lord for all the blessing Mexico has brought for your family. We are excited for all of you!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Liz & Steve,

Just found your blog. Your mom reminded us about it. She's here helping Candy recover and taking over the cooking from me.

We'll bookmark this to keep us praying for you.

Neil & Candy

PS What are the soils like down there?

Lori_N said...

Hey Steve and Liz! I don't think any of us thought you were in the pits of despair. It was just a rough week and you needed to get some things off your chest. I'll tell you what I tell my kids..."it happens" :)

Love the photos. It's hard to imagine the world you are in and how different it is from Ohio.

Sounds like a great book. I've heard of it, but have not read it.

Take care guys and keep me updated! It's so nice being able to see what's going on in your life.

Lori_N said...

Oh, I forgot, if you click on my photo, it'll show my other blog. For some reason, it was only showing my home business. It's fixed. Come on over, I love reading comments so comment away :)