Saturday, September 8, 2007

Punto de Divertido (Fun)

I try to head up to campus as often as I can just to meet students, be a regular face on campus, and to pray for the students. I've had the chance to talk to several students about Jesus being the ONE mediator between God and man (1 Tim. 2:5) and that it's only through Him that you can come to the Father (John 14:6). Many students with a Catholic background don't read their Bible, and so they don't know these scriptures are in their Bible pointing to the camino, verdad, y vida (way, truth & life).
Here I am being interviewed on campus about my Telcel cell phone service. We didn't know if they were with a class on CUCEA or with Telcel (which may end up on Mexican TV)















Last night, we invited any students that are a part of Punto de Encuentro over for dinner at our apartment starting at 8pm. We had no idea who would show up, especially when it hit 8pm and no one was here. Then, starting around 8:20, students started showing up, and we ended up having 9 Mexican Christians, 1 Carribean Christian and 6 of us American Christians come.











We ate carne asada with guacamole and and salsa and cactus. The cactus tasted sweet and wasn't too bad. We had a great time talking and connecting with everyone. A couple key students couldn't make it last night, but overall, it turned out much better than we anticipated.






It's really exciting to see something happen at CUCEA. Our focus is now turning to assure it's longevity. Will you pray that the Lord would direct us in His plan for the leadership of Punto de Encuentro?

















Other news: Steve's spanish is rolling along - he loves learning.


Cole has taken over as our bug/cochroach killer in the house.


Lydia is doing much better at Kinder.


Liz is loving the food down here and should come back with some great recipes.

5 comments:

Tom said...

Steve - Spanish is rolling on - that's great! - how do you say rolling en Espanol? Do you ever need an interpreter?

Liz - I LOVE Mexican food! Can't wait to eat your real deal.

Cole - you are a bigger man than I - cockroaches scar me.

Lydia - I wish my hair looked like yours - with every new do!

Anonymous said...

Cole - I am so excited that you are able to man the cockroaches. How about taking on spiders?

Liz - I am SO excited for you to share your authentic Mexican recipes!

Miss you, miss you, miss you!!!!!!!!

Mom said...

You're going to have a whole lot of family eager to test-taste your new Mexican meals, Liz. Count me in!

Esteban, Yo tambien estudio el espanol. (I think I said "I'm studying Spanish also".) We'll have to have a conversation when you are home. BTW, the Colts opening game was a good one.

All the photos are wonderful so keep them coming!

Aunt Jess said...

And Cole looks HAPPY to do it!

Jason said...

You're doing a great job! There is no one better then you guys that are capable of doing this. The things you are going through are amazing. You all will grow so much. I'm sure you've already grown a ton.