Monday, September 3, 2007

More than just starting Chi Alpha

Last Friday, I got the chance to utilize more than just my Chi Alpha background of helping start up the group here at CUCEA. “Engage” is looking to move out of their rental houses and purchase property in Guadalajara so they can host over 40 students per year in missions. The head of MAPS Construction, Greg Venturelli, flew down to check out a piece of property that Steve Shoop (director of Engage) was considering. I was asked to come along as well because of my Civil Engineering background. Working at Turner Construction as an estimator, project manager, assistant superintendent and grunt worker enabled me to contribute in investigating the site.
The final result: Greg and I both agreed that the two-story, roofless, 10 year old abandoned building with a side lot is a great ministry center worth purchasing. Renovation is scheduled to begin in October, and I’m sure I’ll lend a hand managing the different MAPS teams in fixing it up. The timing is just too perfect to be a coincidence.

Please pray that God would bring the funds in to move ahead with this project unencumbered.



We also got our FIRST letter to our apartment today! It IS possible to send us mail! (Granted it took a month to reach us.) Thanks Silvia from Xenia First A/G. (We will join you in prayer for your husband that God would heal him!!)


One other news of some significance - Lydia doesn't wear diapers at all anymore - not even to bed. Cole, who was taking his time with the nights, is now motivated to stop wearing his too!

4 comments:

Mom said...

Hooray for Lydia! (I love the hairdos) Now Cole has something to go after...

I'm excited about the new building - glad that college education is coming in handy! You guys are the greatest and I love you all lots!

Kylander said...

Oh my goodness! You go Lydia! Guys that is so awesome. It sounds like you are being used in some pretty cool ways and I am really impressed with the way your family is acclimating to Latin American culture. Keep rockin' out! Regresan con mas español para mi! Love you.

Unknown said...

Hey, so I started a blog. :) it's cheesejerky.blogspot.com. I'm still trying to figure it out, so it looks really weird right now. I'm guessing you won't care too much. :) Love you guys!!

Aunt Jess said...

So cool that you get to be a part of that new building project. The funds will come!