Tuesday, November 13, 2007

[written by Liz] My most favoritest time of the year is the fall. I love the leaves changing, the cool weather, the beautiful fall decor, and chili. Even though it is definitely not the same here, there have been a few times where we've felt the greatness of the season. My amazing mom made sure to hook me up with plenty of red kidney bean (which are no where to be found in Mexico) and my secret recipe McCormick Chili seasoning packs. Steve has been able to watch more Colts football here in Mexico than when we were just 1 1/2 hours from Indy. And we did have a week long spell of cold weather where I got to wear a sweater. Other than that we are making the most of looking at pictures of leaf parties on facebook and savoring every bite of chili (which I've made at least once a week!)

We were asked last night if we're just ready to be home since it's so close to the time of us leaving. The nice thing is that we are really enjoying our time here. We haven't "checked out" at all and are really trying to make the most of the last 5 weeks at CUCEA and with Angela. There are definitely things that I'll be so excited about when we get back, like my washer and dryer, my awesome pink cell phone that takes pictures and receiving phone calls from people who speak English, and convenient internet access. But those are things I've grown to appreciate and hopefully it will be at least a month back before I take them for granted again. So until then...

Here's some pics of Steve's campout with the guys of Punto.

Core guys for Punto De Encuentro - Isaac (Engage student), Adrian, Isai, Me & Daniel
Boys and Fire - a fun combination!!
Adrian and I held a competition of who could kick the soccer ball through the uprights of the tree. Adrian won and I had to do 40 pushups, and I landed the ball ontop of the tree. (White spot on top right side of tree)
Beautiful view on our way to Rio Caliente - a river heated up by a volcano to scorching hot
Cole had a great time camping with the big boys! That's steam from the river even though it was about 85 degrees out.

2 comments:

Aunt Jess said...

Cole's hair is getting so long! Wowzer. Did you ever get the ball back?

Unknown said...

Rhonda and I miss you guys! We want you to come to VA when you get back in the states! Love you!