Tuesday, August 21, 2007

A Time of Firsts

We dropped Cole and Lydia off at their Mexican preschool yesterday. It was the first time I’ve (Liz) felt homesick. I just wanted to talk to my Mom (Kendall). I ended up calling her to tell her how bad I felt for leaving my kids for four hours at a new place where they can’t understand anything.














But when I heard about my mom dropping my brother off at his school in Denver this week and will be empty nested for the first time in 31 years, I didn’t feel as bad.We picked them up and they weren’t too traumatized. Lydia fell 20 minutes before we picked them up and hadn’t stopped crying. But today, Cole’s only issue was that it’s such a long time – he’s going from 2.5 hours twice a week to 4 hours everyday. And for Lydia, it’s her first time.But nonetheless, they didn’t fuss at all when we dropped them off and they went straight in. Of course it will be easier for them when they understand what their teacher is saying to them. We’re praying they’ll pick up Spanish quickly.


Other news: Lydia is potty trained. It took no time at all, and she has even been dry through the night a couple times. We’re hoping we won’t even have to bother with anymore diapers by the time we get back home!!
















We met today on campus at CUCEA with Angela Tiffany (Missionary Aide who will be in charge of Punto de Encuentro when we’re gone) and had a great time talking. I’ve forgotten how much goes into getting a group off the ground. It’s going to be great, and the more we talked, the more exciting it becomes, and the more we can see that God’s hand is upon us and this campus. Thanks for praying for us!

1 comment:

Mom said...

I'm so grateful for all the photos. They make me feel more connected to you. We've been praying for the kids to adjust quickly, and from the looks of them, they're doing well!